Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
SEA-Chicago and Chicago Ideas Week Presents A Conversation With Chuck Templeton, Founder of OpenTable, Inc.
Thursday, October 11, 2012 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM (CDT)
CHICAGO IDEAS WEEK
A Conversation with
Founder of OpenTable and
Managing Director of Impact Engine
Join us and innovative thought leaders, as we hear Chuck Templeton, Founder of OpenTable and Managing Director of Impact Engine, discuss his work on developing early stage and emerging companies to find solutions to environmental and social challenges.
Chuck Templeton is passionate about early stage and emerging companies and is focused on using business to find solutions to environmental and social challenges.
He took his first big step as an entrepreneur in San Francisco when he founded OpenTable, Inc., which went public on the NASDAQ in May of 2009 (OPEN). He helped build an industry leading company that changed the way full-service restaurants manage their top-line growth and diners make their dinner reservations. While CEO, he recruited and hired the first management team, obtained and allocated company resources, led the business and product strategy and carefully crafted a highly dedicated culture. OpenTable is the global leader in restaurant reservations with customers in all 50 states and over a dozen countries.
He used that experience to support the GrubHub.com team as an Advisor and Director as they grew to be the national leader in providing hungry diners with all their food delivery and take-out options while helping independent restaurants use technology to operate more profitably.
He has had the pleasure of being involved in over 2-dozen startups as an investor, board member or advisor, but spends the majority of his time today on Impact Engine. A 12 week venture accelerator focused on helping for-profit businesses that adress environmental and/or societal challenges. Impact 1, their first co-hort of 8 teams includes companies addressing water, women's health, energy efficiency, light poverty, sustainable employment, underbanked and fund raising. Find out more at TheImpactEngine.com.
Chuck spent 3 years serving in the US Army, becoming Ranger and Sniper qualified. Most importantly, he has an amazing wife and two awesome daughters.
- Managing Director: Impact Engine (@TheImpactEngine) - Venture accelerator focused on for-profit businesses that address environmental and/or societal challenges.
- Chairman: GrubHub.com (@grubhub) - Online real-time delivery and pick up solution for restaurants and their dinners.
- Co-Founder: OhSoWe.com (@ohsowe) - Peer to peer sharing for things and skills. Share More. Consume Less. Help Each Other.
- Director: PVPower.com (@pvpower) - Helping local solar installers design, price, quote and install photovoltaic renewable energy systems.
- Director: Getable.com (@getable) - Helping local rental stores use the web to manage their rental inventory and find new customers.
- Director: TaskRabbit (@taskrabbit) - outsource small jobs and Tasks to fully-vetted people right in your neighborhood.
- Director: I-Go Cars (@igocarsharing) - Non-profit innovator in responsible multimodal transportation solutions and car sharing.
EVENT FREE TO SEA-CHICAGO MEMBERS
$10.00 FOR NON-MEMBERS
SEA/Chicago advances the practice of social enterprise throughout the State of Illinois and in the surrounding states of Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana and Michigan.
Our membership is comprised of entrepreneurs and leaders of social-purpose businesses, professionals from academia, business consulting, the legal field, social capital investors, philanthropists, public policy wonks and others who support the use of market-based strategies to advance social change.
SEA/Chicago is the Midwest regional chapter of the Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA). SEA is the leading membership organization in North America for social enterprises, service providers, nonprofit organizations, corporations, and venture capitalists that is actively building the field of social enterprise through networking opportunities, educational forums, strategic partnerships, and impact legislation. Our members are passionate about changing their communities, and we are passionate about providing them with the tools they need to continue their good work.
All of our members enjoy benefits such as:
- Free webinars
- Free membership in their local Chapter.
- Discounted and free networking events
- Discounted Summit registration
- GrantStation Insider eNewsletter
- And much more…
When & Where
Social Enterprise Alliance Chicago Chapter
Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) is a nonprofit association of individuals and organizations building effective, more sustainable nonprofits through earned income strategies. SEA has emerged as the common ground for practitioners, lenders, investors, grant makers, consultants, researchers, and educators who recognize the increasing impact of social enterprise. SEA provides its members with current information, tools, and other resources that address the unique needs of social enterprises